BOMB Magazine is an independent nonprofit quarterly publication and online web platform producing daily content. Its mission is to deliver the artist's voice by publishing conversations with and between painters, novelists, poets, musicians, filmmakers, and actors. BOMB also publishes original works of fiction and poetry, excerpts of novels, and first-time translations into English. BOMB hosts an annual literary contest, alternating between fiction and poetry each year, with guest judges who are distinguished writers in their fields. Visit BOMBmagazine.org for more info about new initiatives and opportunities.
Ends in 6 days, 14 hours
- Winner receives $1,000 and publication in BOMB Magazine.
- Final Judge: Sheila Heti.
- Submission period: May 1–31, 2015.
- Reading Fee: $20. Includes a free one-year subscription to BOMB.
- Manuscripts must be fewer than 5,000 words and consist of a single story.
- Include a cover letter with name, address, email, phone number, and title of story; do not write a name on the actual manuscript, as all entries will be considered anonymously.
- Non-anonymous manuscripts will be immediately disqualified.
- Simultaneous submissions okay, but reading fee is not transferable.
- Story must be previously unpublished.
- Stories must be uploaded via Submittable.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
The winning story will be published in the fall issue of BOMB. Finalists and winner will be announced on July 31, 2015.
BOMB has championed and encouraged the literary efforts of both established and emerging writers for more than a quarter-century, with a contributing editorial board that boasts contemporary luminaries such as Deborah Eisenberg, Patricia Spears Jones, Edwidge Danticat, Kimiko Hahn, Jonathan Lethem, John Haskell, and Francine Prose.